Monday, July 30, 2007

Nostalgia


I had an assignment to write about any event that drove the most emotions in me.This is what I wrote........

The event which I remember to be the closest to my heart is the last day of school.

The day itself was one with mixed reactions.Sadness,for leaving an institution which had cradled me like its own child and joy,for being moulded to face the real world.

But today,every time I look back at that day,I feel an emptiness and loss.The institution that made me,nurtured me,is no longer a part of me.With heavy heart I walked out of the doorways which had been my second home.The love of every staff member,the embrace of every classroom,the smell of the mud of the playing field are vividly etched in my senses,and fills me with nostalgia.

The ten most brilliant years of my life,culminated into that day,which by far is the only event which drives out the most intense emotions in me.

No comments: